- The information and materials located or hosted on, or linked to, our Website (the “Materials”) are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights. Such Materials include, but are not limited to, any price information, data, photographs, graphics, illustrations, designs, trademarks, trade names, service marks, product names, logos, insignias or other devices, software programmes, downloadable files, software applications, interactive features, tools, services or other information or content made available on or through our Website. The presentation and layout of the Materials is also protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, international treaties and other proprietary rights and laws of Singapore and other countries.
- Unless otherwise stated, the rights, titles and interests to the Materials are owned by, licensed to or controlled by us.
- All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, product names and logos contained herein that are not owned by, licensed to or controlled by us are used in an editorial fashion only, and to the benefit of respective owners, with no intention of trademark infringement.
Access to our Website
- You may access and view our Website and may save an electronic copy or print out a copy of the Materials, solely for your own personal and non-commercial use. If you make a copy of the Materials, you make ensure that such copy must be in the form as presented on our Website and must include all applicable copyright and other notices on our Website.
- Except with our prior written permission, you may not copy, store (either in hardcopy or in an electronic retrieval system), adapt, alter, translate, transmit, disseminate, distribute, perform, broadcast, publish, reproduce, publicly display, hyperlink, sell, license, rent, lease or otherwise transfer any of the Materials, or otherwise transfer any of the Materials to any other person (whether for direct commercial purpose or monetary gain or otherwise) or otherwise use in whole or in part in any manner.
- Except with our prior written permission, you may not create a derivative work from the Materials, nor decompile, reverse-engineer or disassemble the Materials.
- Any rights relating to the Materials and our Website not expressly granted herein are reserved and no licence or right is granted to you by implication, estoppel or otherwise.
No unlawful or prohibited use of our Website
You acknowledge and agree that, as a condition of your access and use of our Website, you will not use the Materials or our Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Conditions. You may not use our Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any CBD server, or the networks connected to any CBD server, or interfere with any other party’s access and use of our Website. You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, or any services provided via our Website, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any CBD server or to any of the services provided via our Website, through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain, or attempt to obtain, any Materials or other information through any means not intentionally made available on or through our Website.
Limited linking and framing of our Website
- Unless otherwise stated, you may not link (including, but not limited to, hyperlink, in-line link or deep-link) (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Link”), mirror or frame our Website or any part thereof to any other web page, website, server or otherwise. Except with our prior written permission no trademark, trade name, service mark, product name or logo may be used as a Link or to mark any Link to our Website or any part thereof or any other web page or website.
Subject to the restrictions below, you are allowed to hyperlink to our home page at https://www.councilforboarddiversity.sg or to deep-link to certain of the web pages of our Website:
- You may not deep-link to our Website or any part thereof which was dynamically created by our system and customised for particular usage sessions.
- You may not hyperlink or deep-link to our Website or any part thereof from any web page or website which contains materials or information which is inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, vulgar, harassing, privacy invading, abusive, threatening, harmful, tortious, objectionable, unlawful or violates any applicable intellectual property or proprietary rights.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Conditions, CBD reserves all rights to terminate any Link from any website to our Website for any reason. Upon our instructions, you must disable, remove and terminate any Link from any web page or website, or any mirroring or framing of our Website or any part thereof immediately.
- We have no responsibility for the content available on any website which Links, mirrors or frames our Website or any part thereof. In no circumstances will we be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trademarks, trade names, service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites that Links, mirrors or frames our Website or any part thereof.
Links to other websites
- Any Links provided on our Website are provided for your convenience only. Should you leave our Website via such a Link, the content that you view in such linked web page or website owned or operated by third parties is not provided or controlled by us. We have not developed or reviewed, and are not responsible for the consequences of your accessing the linked web page or website, and/or the content at those web pages or websites. We make no guarantee, representation or warranty as to, and have no liability for, any content at those websites, including, but not limited to, guarantees, representations and warranties regarding truth, adequacy, originality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reasonableness, non-infringement, suitability, satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose or any representations or warranties arising from usage, custom or trade or by operation of law.
- Any such Link to other linked web pages or websites on our Website does not constitute (a) an endorsement, authorisation, verification or representation that we are affiliated with the operators or owners of those linked websites; or (b) an endorsement, authorisation, verification, or representation of or as to the contents of such linked websites.
- You agree that your access to and/or use of such linked web pages or websites is entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of access and/or use contained therein.
Disclaimers and exclusion of liability
- The Materials are of a general nature which have not been verified, considered or assessed by us and are provided to you on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind. Your use of the Materials is at your own risk. We hereby disclaim all liability and responsibility to update the Materials. We do not make any representations, and hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise to the extent permitted by law, in respect of our Website or the Materials, including, but not limited to, guarantees, representations and warranties regarding truth, adequacy, originality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reasonableness, non-infringement, suitability, satisfactory quality, merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, or any representations or warranties arising from usage, custom or trade or by operation of law.
- Due to the inherent defects of electronic distribution, there may be errors, delays, omissions, interruption, breach of security, corruption, unavailability of access in connection with or inaccuracies in the Materials or our Website (“Defects”). We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that access and use of our Website will be uninterrupted. We assume no responsibility for consequences of any such Defects even if either of us had been advised as to the possibility.
- We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that our Website is free of malicious software, including, but not limited to, viruses, computer worms, Trojan horses, spyware or other harmful components (“Malicious Software”). We accept no liability for any loss, damage, claim liability, expense or costs that may result from any transmission of such Malicious Software via our Website (including, but not limited to, files downloaded from our Website).
- You should not take any action, or omit to take any action, in reliance on the Materials or our Website without independent verification or advice.
- We will not be liable to you or anyone for any loss, damage, claim, liability, expense or costs, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of or in relation to:
- anything done or omitted to be done in relation to the Materials;
- the use of the Materials; or
- the use or access of our Website.
- We will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special or punitive loss, damage, claim, or liability including, but not limited to, loss of data, profits, business contracts or business opportunities, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
- You hereby agree to indemnify and hold us harmless against all loss, damage, claim, liability, expense or costs suffered or incurred by you in connection with or arising from:
- your access and/or use of our Website; and/or
- your breach of any of these Conditions.
- Certain web pages and/or sections of our Website may use “cookies”, which are small data files sent to your computer, to store and track information about you when you access such web pages and/or sections of our Website. The cookies track information such as users’ profiles, the number of users, their frequency of use and their preferred websites.
- Information that we collect may be stored or processed in any country and may be transferred between countries. Some of these countries may have data protection laws that are less stringent that those in the country in which you are using or accessing our Website. You acknowledge and agree to such storage, processing and transfer.
- You also acknowledge and agree that information that we collect may be stored or processed in, or transferred to, servers of our service providers.
- While we will take reasonable care in preventing the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Information, you acknowledge that data transmission over the Internet is insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of the data transmitted over the Internet.
Violations of these Conditions
We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to monitor any and all access and use of our Website. We reserve our right to terminate your access and/or use of our Website or any part thereof and we may block access from a particular internet protocol address to our Website or any part thereof in the event of any violation of these Conditions. In addition, we reserve the right to seek all remedies available under these Conditions, at law and in equity for violations of these Conditions.
Changes to these Conditions
We may, from time to time and at any time, update or revise these Conditions. Such update or revision is effective upon publication on our Website. You are responsible for ensuring that you have read the most current version of these Conditions. Your continued access and/or use of our Website will be deemed to constitute your conclusive acceptance of the updated or revised Conditions. The Materials are subject to change including, without limitation, modification, deletion or replacement thereof without notice.
If any provision of these Conditions, in whole or in part, is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under any enactment or rule of law or by any court in any jurisdiction: (i) such provision or part will, to that extent, be deemed not to form part of these Conditions, but the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of these Conditions is not affected; and (ii) the legality, validity and enforceability of that or any other provision or part under any other jurisdiction will not be affected.
Governing law and jurisdiction
These Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Singapore. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.