Women in Leadership Networking and Workshop by Bloomberg, Deloitte and Diversity Action Committee
Date: 31 July 2018, Tuesday
The Diversity Action Committee (DAC), Bloomberg and Deloitte came together for the first time to organise a leadership networking and workshop session for highly successful women who are either board directors or women with corporate board potential.
The session included
- Joint Welcome by Ms Stephanie Phang, Co-chair, Bloomberg Women’s Committee and Ms Yeo Lian Sim, Member of DAC, Special Adviser Diversity of Singapore Exchange and Vice-Chair of the Task Force for Climate-related Financial Disclosures)
- Keynote address by Mr Teo Siong Seng, (S.S. Teo), Member of DAC, Chairman of Singapore Business Federation and Executive Chairman & Managing Director of Pacific International Lines,
- Conversation with Bloomberg TV correspondent Ms Haslinda Amin hosted by Margie Warrell, bestselling author and women’s leadership advocate
- ‘SheSuite’ executive presence workshop by Margie Warrell
- Closing by Ms Seah Gek Choo, Deloitte’s Board-ready Women Programme Leader
Mr Teo Siong Seng (S.S. Teo), Member of Diversity Action Committee, Chairman of Singapore Business Federation and Executive Chairman & Managing Director of Pacific International Lines, delivered the keynote address.
- Shared the latest statistics of women in the boardroom of listed companies as at end June 2018.
- It is important to network and earn the trust of company owners and board chairmen.
- Trust is built and maintained by many small actions over time – e.g. work ethics, values, how you deal with people within and outside your company, whether you have been honorable in business dealings.
- Networking is not just about attending events and exchanging business cards; it is also about giving back to the society and contributing your talents to improve industry standards.
Bestselling author and women’s leadership advocate Margie Warrell hosted a conversation with Bloomberg TV correspondent Haslinda Amin and conducted a ‘SheSuite’ executive presence workshop. They shared tools and tips for speaking with confidence and courage in the boardroom, at a conference or in a media interview.
See more event photos here.